Here is a list of rural health training resources and programs. To view a list of upcoming trainings , view our calendar of training events.
These training modules are free and available to public sector, non-profit sector, and for-profit sector organizations.
The Arizona Public Health Training Center (AzPHTC) is part of a network of 38 Public Health Training Centers nationwide, funded by Health and Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The Public Health Training Centers (PHTCs) are one of many programs sponsored by Health and Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), which works to respond to critical health system needs. PHTCs are supported by HRSA's Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Center for Public Health. The goals of the BHPr are to eliminate barriers to care, eliminate health disparities, assure quality of care, and improve public health and health care systems.
- Analytic/Assessment Skills
- Policy Development and Program Planning
- Cultural Competency
- Community Dimensions of Practice
- Public Health Sciences
- Financial Planning and Management
- Leadership and Systems Thinking
The Rural Assistance Center Online Webinars
The Rural Assistance Center hosts webinars focused on rural issues, legislation and new programs. The webinars provide training on topics that impact rural communities.
- Improving Access to Oral Health Care in Rural Communities (Aug 6, 2013)
- ACA and You - How to Anticipate Changes in Rural Places (Mar 30, 2011)