The Arizona Center for Rural Health worked with the Pima County Prevention Coalition, PPEP, Tucson Medical Center, and other community organizations to plan the Southern Arizona Opioid Abuse Prevention Symposium being held in Tucson September 15, 2017. All those interested in the topic, from healthcare, law enforcement, criminal justice, public health, behavioral health, etc. are invited to attend.
Mission: to educate healthcare providers and community members about the opioid epidemic and explore prevention strategies.
Speakers may include: Sam Burba, Governor's Office, Sharon Bronson, Pima County Supervisor, Dr. Francisco Garcia, Assistant County Administrator Chief Medical Officer, and Medical, Public Health, Legal, and Substance Abuse Prevention Presentations. Continental Breakfast and Lunch Provided.
Date: Friday, September 15, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM MST
Location: Wyndham Westward Look Resort, 245 East Ina Road Tucson, AZ 85704
Who should attend: Any healthcare or public health provider, worker, educator interested in this issue or dealing w/ chronic pain patients
Cost: $25, includes continental breakfast and lunch. See registration below.
- Arizona Prescription Drug Misuse & Abuse Toolkit overview and free copies
- AHCCCS/Medicaid and Arizona Opioid Trends
- Arizona Department of Health Services & Arizona Opioid State of Emergency
- Naloxone Training and Law Enforcement Prevention Efforts
- Treatment Panel: From Chronic Pain to Substance Abuse Treatment